As you know, Koh Ngai is an island, so you need to get to the nearest place to take a boat to transfer to.
There are fews options you can transfer from...
Yes, we have pick-up services!
From Bangkok to Trang or Krabi
Most people came here via an airplane.
Airplane (1.30 hrs)
- 9+ Airplane flights per day
- from Don Mueang Intl (DMK) to Trang Airport (TST) via AirAsia, Nok Air, Lion Air
- To get Koh Ngai in the same day, flight's arriving time should be before 3.30 pm.
- 20+ Airplane flights per day
- from Don Mueang Intl (DMK) to Krabi Airport (KBV) via AirAsia, Nok Air, Lion Air
- from Suvarnabhumi International airport (BKK) to Krabi Airport (KBV) via Thai Airways, Thai Smiles, Bangkok Airways
- To get Koh Ngai in the same day, domestic flight's arriving time should be before 2.30 pm. Or International flight's arriving time should be before 2 pm.
Note: Krabi can also be reached by
- Flying from Koh Samui to Krabi via Bangkok Airways
- Flying from Kuala Lumper, Malaysia and Chiang Mai via AirAsia.
- Flying from Singapore (Changi Airport) with Tiger Airways via TigerAir.
Bus (12 hrs)
To Trang & Krabi
Night Buses leave from Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal every day around 7 pm - 8 pm.
Take about 11-13 hours.
For more information and book ticket online in advance please visit http://www.busticket.in.th
Train (16 hrs)
To Trang (only)
There are 2 daily trains from Bangkok to Trang (and 2 trains back from Trang to Bangkok).
Take 15-17 hours.
For more information and book ticket online in advance, please visit https://www.thairailwayticket.com
Trang & Krabi to Pakmeng Pier
At this point you need to get to Pakmeng Pier. Please see the boat schedules. If you need a convenience way please check travel agency tab, they have many transfer points but more expenses.
From Trang Airport / Trang Town
- At the airport: taxi counter at the airport offers private taxi to Pakmeng pier at 800-1,200 THB depends on car type
- In Trang town: Local agencies around Trang train station offer private taxi to Pakmeng pier at 700-1,000 THB depends on car type.
- Book a Private taxi in advance with CoCo Team, rate is 900 THB for 1-2 pax. Please check our pick-up service link above.
- Duration: 1 hour.
From Krabi Airport / Krabi Town / Ao-Nang / Other beaches in Krabi
- At Krabi airport: taxi counter at the airport offers private taxi to Pakmeng pier at 1800-2,500 THB depending on car type
- In Krabi town/ Ao-nang / other beach: Local agencies around the area offer private taxi to Pakmeng pier at 2,200 – 3,500 THB depends on car type and the departure point.
- Book a Private taxi in advance with CoCo Team, rate is 2,000 – 3,500 THB for 1-2 pax. Please check our pick-up service link above.
- Duration: 2 – 3 hours
From Trang airport / Trang Town (only)
- At Trang airport: taxi counter offers shared minivan from the airport to Pakmeng pier. Rate is about 200-250 THB each (not available every day, just only when they can collect people).
- Please note: sometime minivan won't go direct to the pier as it will drop off some hotel, place in Trang for people who stay in town before.
- Duration: 1.30 -2.30 hours.
- In Trang town: During Nov-Apr. Koh Ngai Villa organizes a daily Minivan 1 time a day. Departs from Trang train station around 10.30 am. Rate is 200 THB/pax. Please contact your hotel or local agency in Trang for advance booking.
- Duration: 1-1.30 hours.
- In Trang town: Public minivan depart Trang Bus station to Pakmeng pier every hour. Rate is 60 THB /pax. (big luggage/backpack might be charged as 1 person).
- Duration: cannot be controlled.
no sharing transfer available
Other Travel Agency
During November - April.
You also can take a daily transfer with Tigerline Travel company even from the Airport. For more detail, please visit : http://tigerlinetravel.com
FYI: For your own convenient, please book a ticket including longtail boat transfer to hotel as extra service. Otherwise, you have to find taxi boat from the pier to the resort by your own. Price can be 50 B - 100 B/pax
Pakmeng Pier to Koh Ngai
There are 3 boat types below:
To Koh Ngai
- Koh Ngai Villa boat Depart from Pakmeng pier at 11.45 am. (can be 30 minutes to 1 hour late)
- Take about 1.15 hours
- Passenger can buy a ticket at Koh Ngai Villa office (opposite to the entrance of the pier)
- Pricing is 350 THB/person including taxi boat to any beaches or resorts on Koh Ngai
Note: This service operated during Hi-season (Nov-Apr) only.
Private longtail boat
To Koh Ngai
- Service time: 8.00 am - 4.30 pm.
- Take about 50-60 min.
- Pricing is 1,300 THB for 1-3 pax. If there are 4 pax or more sharing price is 350 THB/person.
- Book a private longtail boat in advance, Click Here!
Private speed boat
To Koh Ngai
- Take 20 min.
- Pricing is 5,000 THB for one way trip with maximum 12 passengers.
Transfer from other islands or other popular destinations
During tourist season (November - May), there are many boat companies organize a transportation to Koh Ngai.
North route: Phuket, Koh Phi Phi, Railay, Koh Jum, Koh Lanta
South route: Koh Mook, Koh Kradan, Koh Libong, Koh Sukorn, Koh Laoliang, Koh Bulone, Koh Lipe
For more information and advance booking, please check boat schedule below.
During May – October. Taking a private longtail boat is the only one choice to travel to Koh Ngai.
- The easiest way to get to Koh Ngai during that time is going via Pakmeng pier with private longtail boat.
- Going via Koh Lanta is also possible with private longtail boat from the old town pier. Agencies in Koh Lanta open all year round. Rate: 2,000-2,500 THB/2 people – depends on boat size and engine type.
Chic Chill Charm @ Coco Cottage
Made with ♥ by coco-team